Supercast SW10 is a swellable waterstop that can be installed and positively linked into conventional Supercast PVC waterstop networks.
This alows the use of Supercast PVC for expansion joints and Supercast SW10 for construction joints, all the time maintaining an intergrated network. Supercast SW10 is made from high performance synthetic elastomeric strips. The swelling action is the result of contact between water and hydrophilic groups which are part of the Supercast SW10 ‘Basic polymer’ molecular structure.
The hydrophilic groups are not subject to extraction or loss of swelling performance by prolonged or repeated wetting. This is a unique feature of the basic polymer. Expansion of the waterstop creates a positive pressure against the face of the concrete joint, thus preventing water passing through the protected joint.
Integral sealing for construction joints in concrete cast insitu.
Convenient and problem solving in situations where a conventional waterstop would require complex shutting.
Typical uses include secant piled and diaphragm walled basements, pile caps and casting against old concrete.
Supercast SW10 can provide simple solutions to detailing pipe entries, construction joints in the vertical plane and to kicker joints.
* Easy to install
* Supercast SWX swellable adhesive enables full intergration of Supercast SW10 and Supercast PVC networks
* Solves detailing problems in conjunction with Supercast PVC range
* Swelling properties unaffected by long term wet/dry cycling
* Sustains effective seal in wet conditions
* Delayed swell action allowing extra tolerance on site Standards Suitable for use in contact with potable water - Water Byelaws Scheme Approved product.