Product Specification PSENenco
The rotary encoders PSENenco are used to determine position and speed. The rotary encoder available in the first expansion phase is an absolute encoder, which is used in the automation system PSS 4000. It supplies diverse, absolute position values, which are verified in the software block. The sensor has a magnetic and an optical measuring system. You get two devices in one!
Safe position and safe speed – The benefits
- Safe evaluation of speed and position
- The safe monitoring function is transferred to the user software
- High flexibility when monitoring limit values due to dynamic limit value monitoring in the user program
- Mechanical rotary cam arrangement is replaced by the safe electronic rotary cam arrangement PSS 4000 (incl. rotary encoder PSENenco)
Features of the rotary encoder
- Two encoders in one housing
- Diverse, 2-channel (1 x optical, 1 x magnetic)
- 2 SSI interfaces
- SIL CL 3 and PL e in the automation system PSS 4000
Application of rotary encoder PSENenco
The rotary encoders PSENenco are used above all in the area of mechanical presses. The "safe electronic rotary cam arrangement" solution completely replaces conventional mechanical rotary cam arrangements. The combination of the rotary encoder PSENenco with the control system PSSuniversal PLC and the corresponding software blocks achieves SIL 3. Other application areas of the rotary encoder are wherever safe position detection is necessary.