Starvvo Dry Chemical Powder Fire Extinguisher is one type of fire extinguisher that is widely used in hotels, apartments, malls and other buildings. This type of fire extinguisher uses chemical powder as a fire extinguisher.
PORTABLE FIRE EXTINGUISHER
1). Portable Fire Extinguisher / portable extinguisher, this fire extinguisher is divided into types based on certain fire classifications that can be extinguished.
2). Fire classification is classified into 4 (four) classes, including A, B, C, D based on or the type of material that initially burns at the beginning of a fire.
3). For all types of portable extinguishers, usually packaged in the form of tubes, must meet the requirements.
Fire Classification and Type of Fire Extinguisher
a. Fire Classification:
- Class A fires are fires of ordinary / flammable solids such as paper, wood, textiles and the like;
- Class B fires are fires of flammable liquids and gases such as gasoline, diesel, aviation fuel, alcohol, LPG, LNG and the like;
- Class C fires are fires caused by electricity such as short circuit;
- Class D fires are metal fires such as magnesium, aluminum, titanium and the like.
b. The type of fire extinguisher used:
- Against class A fires, the type of extinguisher used is water as a basic extinguisher, CO2, and other chemical extinguishers used in a limited manner;
- Against class B fires, the type of extinguishing material used is foam (foam) as a basic extinguisher, and a type of chemical extinguisher as a complement;
- Against class C fires, the type of extinguishing material used is CO2 as the main extinguishing material, and the type of chemical extinguisher as a complement, while the type of foam extinguisher (foam) should not be used because it is electrically conductive;
- Against fire class D, type of special extinguisher / metal powder
Available in various sizes