Uses of Ethyl Alcohol for the Industrial SectorEthyl alcohol or often called Ethanol is commonly used for various needs, from the industrial sector, health, to daily needs. Although ethanol is a chemical liquid, this product has different uses from amino acids, adhesive cleaners, borax, aerosol, calcium carbonate, nitric acid, caustic soda, and silicone oil. To make it easier for you to know the uses of Ethyl alcohol, here's the discussion:
1. Ethyl alcohol is used as a raw material for the manufacture of ethylene gas (C2H4), through a dehydration process at a temperature of 300-450oC, with the help of an alumina catalyst. The ethyl alcohol used is food grade ethanol, with a minimum content of 95%.
2. In the United States, Ethyl alcohol is a component of fuel oil, its levels vary. But generally contain 10% ethanol and the rest or 90% gasoline.
3. In the health industry, Ethyl alcohol is used as a medicinal ingredient for the manufacture of cough medicine, which functions as a solvent and as a preservative.
4. Become one of the antiseptic ingredients to kill microorganisms such as fungi, bacteria and viruses in home cleaning products
5. In the beauty industry, Ethyl alcohol is also a raw material for making perfumes and deodorants.
6. In the chemical manufacturing process, Ethyl alcohol is also used as a raw material for the manufacture of ethane, glycol ether, ethyl propenoate and ethanolamine.
© 2015-  Indotrading - Indonesia B2B Marketplace.
All Rights Reserved.
Click the number to directly contact the supplier
Anda hampir selesai membuat RFQ