AKS began trading machineries in Medan in 1963 (with a starting capital of 30 units woodworking machinery), to support its well established wood trading business.
On June 30th 1983, AKS expanded its business by opening its first machinery showroom; standing on a 5300 m2 plot of land strategically located on Jl. Muara Baru 3-ABC, North Jakarta, in order to answer the market's ever-growing demand on industrial machinery, especially in woodworking and metalworking industries.
In 1986, AKS expanded its business again by opening its second showroom in Surabaya, East Java, and Medan, North Sumatra to reach a broader set of customers from the Eastern Indonesia as well as Sumatra.
In 2010, AKS' s first showroom in Jakarta received a much needed expansion up to an area in excess of 10.000 m2.
AKS never stands still and has always tried to develop and improve its business. Today AKS's main business comprises of 6 major categories:
1. Woodworking and Glass Working Machinery
2. Metalworking and Leather Machinery
3. Plastic Processing and Construction Machinery
4. Food Processing, Agriculture, Miscellaneous Machinery
5. Automotive and Packaging Machinery
6. Heavy Equipments & Lifting Equipments